With the highest share of Americans since 2008 citing personal safety as a significant source of stress today, according to a recent APA survey, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2017’s Safest States in America.
In order to help families find the most secure places to lay down roots, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 50 states across 37 key metrics. The data set ranges from assaults per capita to unemployment rate to total loss amounts from climate disasters per capita.
Safety in Rhode Island (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 12th – Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 11th – Assaults per Capita
- 17th – Total Loss Amounts from Climate Disasters per Capita
- 1st – Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Full-Time Workers
- 2nd – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 3rd – Bullying Incidence Rate
- 5th – Sex Offenders per Capita
- 12th – Share of Population Lacking Health Insurance
For the full report, visit https://wallethub.com/edu/