The RI Philharmonic Orchestra & Music School announced 2019’s Summer Pops concert series, which will include four concerts at the following locations: Narragansett (Friday, July 12), Providence (Wed., Aug. 7), Bristol (Sunday, Sept. 1) and Pawtucket (Saturday, Sept. 14). The concerts are free and open to the public.
Francisco Noya, RI Philharmonic Orchestra’s resident conductor, will conduct the performances.
At a Glance
Friday, July 12, 8 p.m., Rhode Island Philharmonic Summer Pops presented by Citizens Bank: Narragansett Town Beach, 39 Boston Neck Rd., Narragansett. 248-7000, riphil.org.8 p.m. Rain date: Saturday, July 13, 8 p.m. Free.
Wednesday, August 7, 7 p.m., Rhode Island Foundation andCity of Providence Presents RWP Pops with the RI Philharmonic Orchestra: Roger Williams Park, Temple to Music, 1000 Elmwood Ave., Providence. 248-7000, riphil.org.7 p.m. Rain Date: Thursday, Aug. 8, 7 p.m. Free.
Sunday, September 1, 6 p.m., Rhode Island Philharmonic Summer Pops presented by TACO/The White Family Foundation: Independence Park, Thames Street, Bristol. 248-7000, riphil.org.6 p.m. Rain Date: Monday, Sept. 2, 6 p.m. Free.
Saturday, September 14, 5:30 p.m., Pops in the Park: Rhode Island Philharmonic presented by Pawtucket Teachers Alliance and City of Pawtucket with Bristol County Savings Bank sponsoring the fireworks: Slater Memorial Park, Armistice Boulevard, Pawtucket. 248-7000, riphil.org. 5:30 p.m. Rain Date: Sunday, Sept. 15, 5:30 p.m. Free.
Summer Pops Program
Please note that this program is subject to change.
Pieces are not performed in the order listed below.
- Giuseppe Verdi: Overture: La forza del destino
- Strauss: Opening: Also sprach Zarathustra
- Strauss: On the Beautiful Blue Danube
- Jules Massenet: Le Cid: “Aragonaise” and “Navarraise”
- Lyun Joon Kim, arr., John Fraser: Elegy
- John Williams: The Jedi Steps and Finale from Star Wars: the Force Awakens
- Richard Wagner: Prelude to Act III: Lohengrin
- James Horner: Music from Apollo 13
- Mauro Colangelo: Adagietto
- John Philip Sousa: The Thunderer
- Morton Gould: American Salute
- Samuel A. Ward, , Carmen Dragon: America the Beautiful
- Piotr Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture
For more info, click here.