With 79 percent of summer travelers driving to their destination and this summer possibly being the cheapest for gas since 2005, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released a pair of reports to help folks find savings along the way: 2017’s Best & Worst States for Summer Road Trips and Best Gas Credit Cards.
WalletHub’s data team compared the 50 U.S. states in terms of 22 key indicators of a fun and frugal summer road trip. The data set ranges from average gas prices to the quality of roads to the number of attractions.
Road Tripping in Rhode Island (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 38th – Number of Attractions
- 42nd – Lowest Price of Three-Star Hotel
- 35th – Avg. Gas Prices
- 22nd – Nightlife Options per Capita
- 46th – Access to Scenic Byways
- 47th – Lowest Price of Camping
For the full report, please visit: