Roomful of Blues, the legendary blues band that had its roots in Rhode Island and has become an international attraction, will appear at the Gamm Theatre, 1245 Jefferson Boulevard, Warwick on Saturday evening, August 17.
For the last 50 Years Roomful of Blues has become legendary in the Blues World.
They have toured the world, recorded more than 25 albums. Nominated for five Grammy awards and winners of a slew of music awards and accolades, Roomful has been recognized a leader in rhythm and blues.
Tickets for Saturday’s performance are $40 and available by visiting https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pesptpm/10429911/1112649, calling the Gamm box office at 401-723-4266, or stopping by the Gamm box office.
Tickets will also be available at the night of the performance. The performance is at 7:30 p.m. and is a benefit for Congregation Beth David. The performance is open to the public.
Here’s what critics say about Roomful of Blues:
- “In a class by itself . . ..” —Down Beat
- “If you are afflicted with podomotophobia—the fear of tapping your feet—stay clear of this band.” —People
- “[They are] the baddest big blues band in the land.” — Boston Herald
- “Roomful of Blues blows ’em out of the door . . . the hottest, most solid and wonderfully entertaining band of its type around.” — San Francisco Examiner
- “Roomful of Blues gave an object lesson in how to tackle modern blues with traditional swing and verve.” — The Times, London