The Red Sox Foundation today announced the winners of the 5th annual “IMPACT” Awards, which provide Red Sox fans in the five New England states outside of Massachusetts with the opportunity to vote for their favorite local non-profits to decide which organizations will be awarded grants.
The theme of the IMPACT Awards changes annually, with this year focused on organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to improving health and wellness outcomes in their community. The top three charities in Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont will receive $10,000, $3,000, and $2,000 awards for the first, second, and third place winners respectively.
Rhode Island winner included;
- Be the Change/Project Hand Up
- The WARM Center
- Good Neighbor, Inc.
This year’s other IMPACT Award Winners are as follows:
- Connecticut Veterans Legal Center
- Greater New Britain Teen Pregnancy Prevention, Inc.
- Enfield Food Shelf, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine
- Farm to Table Kids, Inc.
- Center for Grieving Children
- New England Disabled Sports
- End 68 hours of Hunger
- AbilityPlus, Inc.
- Community Harvest of Central Vermont
- Southern Vermont Therapeutic Riding Center, Inc.
- Girls on the Run Vermont, Inc.
The winners will be recognized during a pregame ceremony tonight, September 5, before the Red Sox face the Twins.
For more information about the foundation, visit redsoxfoundation.org.